Have you ever wondered if your favorite YouTubers who play games or review products make money and if so, how do they do it? This is where YouTube affiliate marketing comes in. It is a lucrative way to monetize your channel and make some cash on the side while doing something you enjoy. So, read on to learn how by partnering with brands and advertisers, you can earn a commission on products or services that you recommend to your viewers. Let’s get started, shall we?
Why Use Affiliate Marketing on YouTube?
YouTube is a gold mine for affiliate marketers. With more than 18 billion views each year and an average of 90 minutes spent watching videos on the site, it’s easy to see why so many people are taking advantage. By adding links to products or websites in your videos, you can earn a commission on any sales that result from viewers clicking on those links.
If you’re still unsure whether affiliate marketing is worth it, note that the YouTube affiliate marketing conversion rate ranges from 2% to 5% but might go up to 8% for some products according to YouTube statistics.
How Do I Create a YouTube Channel For Affiliate Marketing?
Creating a YouTube channel for affiliate marketing is relatively simple. Here are the steps:
- Create a Google account if you don’t already have one.
- Go to YouTube.com and click on “Sign In” in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on “Create a Channel” in the drop-down menu under your profile photo.
- Enter the name of your channel and select the type of channel you want to create.
- Click on “Create.”
- Read and accept the YouTube Partner Program terms.
- Fill out your channel’s information, including a description, links to your website and social media pages, and keywords related to your channel’s content.
- Upload a profile photo and banner image.
- Start uploading videos!
When you are starting out with affiliate marketing for YouTube be sure to follow the terms when creating your channel. This will help ensure that you’re in compliance with YouTube’s guidelines and can earn money from your videos through the program.
YouTube Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
Here are some tips on how to do affiliate marketing on YouTube:
- Use eye-catching thumbnails — these pictures show up right next to the video title card when viewers decide whether or not they want to watch what comes after; make sure your thumbnail is related to the video and is interesting.
- Use annotations — annotations are little pop-ups that you can create on your videos. They can be used to add links to other videos, products, or websites.
- Add chapter markers to your videos — these make it easy for viewers to jump straight to the parts of the video that they’re interested in.
- Create a custom intro and outro — these are short pieces of footage at the beginning and end of your video that help set the tone and introduce you as the creator.
- Add cards — cards are like annotations, but they stay on screen until clicked. They can be used to add more information or links to products or websites.
- Monetize your videos — this is probably one of the most important tips for your affiliate marketing YouTube channel. The platform will place ads before, during, and after your videos. You get paid based on how many people watch them.
- Optimize for YouTube search — this means using keywords and phrases in your titles, descriptions, and tags that people are likely to use when searching for content similar to yours.
- Experiment as a YouTube affiliate — the beauty of YouTube is that it’s constantly evolving. Try out new things and see what works best for you and your audience.
- Create related playlists — this is a great way to keep people watching your videos for longer periods of time, and it also helps to increase your watch time metric (which is important for ranking higher in YouTube’s search results).
- Produce YouTube shorts — think of ways to create short, snackable content that people will want to watch on their lunch break or before bed.
- Embed YouTube videos in blog content — this is a great way to drive traffic back and forth between your blog and your YouTube channel.
- Be transparent with YouTube affiliate links — let your viewers know when you’re promoting a product or service so that they can trust your recommendations.
- Connect with viewers — make sure to start building a relationship with your viewers from the get-go by responding to their comments and thanking them for their feedback.
- Brand your channel — this will help people remember who you are and what you’re all about.
- Be creative — don’t just follow rules on how to do affiliate marketing on YouTube, but put your own spin on them — get creative with your content and see what works best for you.
- Cross-promote — don’t be afraid to link to YouTube affiliates.
Affiliate Links on YouTube
Affiliate links are a great way to make money on YouTube. By adding them to your videos, you can start earning some affiliate marketing income every time someone clicks on the link and makes a purchase.
If you’re wondering how to add affiliate links to YouTube, there are several ways to do that. The easiest way to add affiliate links to your videos is by using a third-party service like Google Adsense. It will automatically insert ads into your videos, each with an affiliate link. The advantage of using this method is that it’s easy to set up and requires no additional work on your part. The downside is that the payout is smaller compared to alternatives.
Another way to add affiliate links to your videos is by using a tool called Vidmarker. It allows you to add links directly to your videos, and it will automatically generate an affiliate code for you. This method gives you more control over the placement and formatting of your affiliate links but it’s more difficult to set up.
Finally, you can also add affiliate links to your videos by simply including them in the video description. This method is the least efficient, but it’s also the most flexible. You can include as many or as few affiliate links as you want, and you can change them whenever you want. The advantage of this method is that it’s easy to use and doesn’t require any additional tools or services. The downside is that you may not make as much money as you would with other methods.
YouTube Ads for Affiliates
To create a YouTube ad for affiliates, you’ll first need to create a new campaign. Once you’ve created your campaign, you can then create your ad. Be sure to include your affiliate link in the ad and target the right audience.
What are the benefits of using YouTube ads for affiliates? First, you can reach a large audience with your ad. Second, you can target the right audience with your ad. And third, you can drive traffic to your affiliate link.
Which YouTube Channel Is Best For Affiliate Marketing?
While there’s no one-size-fits-all YouTube channel, some are worth checking out, starting with TheSmartPassiveIncome. This channel is run by internet marketer Pat Flynn, and it’s full of valuable information about affiliate marketing.
Here are some other popular affiliate marketing YouTube channels:
- Deadbeat Super Affiliate
- Affiliate Marketing Training
- Affiliate Summit
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant
- Affiliate Marketing Ninjas
- Affiliate Marketing Guru Tips
- Chris Mitty
If you’re looking for a new way to make some money on the side, or are just starting your online business journey, YouTube affiliate marketing could be a great option for you. Just remember to always provide valuable content to your viewers and keep in mind what’s important to them; that’ll help you create successful videos that convert and earn you some commission cash.
How do you make money on YouTube with affiliate marketing?
To become an affiliate on YouTube, you need a channel on the platform with a decent number of subscribers. Once you have that, you need to find an affiliate program that offers products or services that you can promote. You then need to create videos about those products or services and include your affiliate link in the description. Finally, you need to promote your videos on social media and other channels to get traffic back to them. By following these steps, you can start making money from affiliate marketing on YouTube.
How do I become an affiliate on YouTube?
The current YouTube affiliate program requirements are that you must: live in a country/region where the YouTube Partner Program is available, have no active Community Guidelines strikes on your channel, have more than 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months, have more than 1,000 subscribers, and have a linked AdSense account.
If you meet these requirements and follow all the YouTube channel monetization policies, then you can apply to join the YouTube Partner Program. Once you’re a part of it, you can start monetizing your videos with ads.
Is affiliate marketing allowed on YouTube?
Yes, YouTube affiliate marketing is allowed and it’s a great option for those who have a channel with a healthy subscriber count and want to make some cash on the side.